Friday, November 4, 2011

progress happens!

Huge progress the last 24 hours.

~ Dart ran, and I mean RAN for the first time. He'd jog/quick-paced walk on walks and in the backyard. But yesterday at my parents backyard he let loose and did laps. He even showed off his leaping abilities. He can leap four steps from the ground up to the deck. He also let loose in Ryan's parents backyard.

~ Dart stood up for himself around another dog. He has been showing signs of submissiveness, and even shying away from dogs. But yesterday instead of slinking away from Ryan's parent's Pom-I-think-I'm-a-big-scary-monster-dog, he didn't back down! Super excited that he's getting more comfortable around other dogs.

~ Dart is also displaying the normal dog behaviors around Frank (the cat). He'll sniff him and get all interested in what Frank is doing. They get along, but there's definitely a healthy cat/dog rivalry. They both sleep on the bed at night. And Frank loves to sleep on Dart's bed in his crate, and Dart loves to sleep on Frank's chair. So stinking cute.

~ Dart did the playful growl! Haven't heard that yet! I think the bark I heard the other day wasn't his, he hasn't done it since. I did some looking around on the internet and read that sometimes fosters and adopted dogs don't bark for a while.

~ We're still working on Dart telling us when he needs to go out. He was only pooping in our yard or inside, but yesterday pooped outside at both our parent's yards. He's getting over his pooping anxiety!

~ I'm excited to find out how today's walk goes in regards to the other dogs on the block. I have a feeling he won't be so skittish!

No comments:

Post a Comment